Since The Beginning:

Friday, August 4, 2023

Freya Day: Gratitude & Sad-itudes...

 It is amazing the things which make me smile... but first, let us catch up on how today went!

  • Woke up 15 minutes before my group meeting was going to start
  • Arrived at the meeting half an hour late
  • discovered the shoulder & back pain I woke up with is from a heat blister
  • got confused since I definitely *don't* have a sunburn
  • skipped breakfast (obviously)
  • didn't get lunch until 3 pm
Ah, lunch. This is one of the several things which made me smile today. I don't usually eat out - I prefer food I make so I know it's made the way I like it. However, today we were in a hurry and my mother wanted me to eat before I went into what I call "Snickers" mode. (I'm sure you've seen the commercials!) So we went to Arby's because I wanted curly fries. Guess what?! Happy Hour is BACK! I was so happy I actually ordered a full meal! (For those of you who don't know, Happy Hour was discontinued for about a year - I was not happy! It's from 2:00P.M. to 5:00P.M., in case you're curious!) 

What else made me smile today? I'll tell you:
  • My brother didn't yell or get cranky first thing for a change
  • At the group meeting, one of the members passed out free yarn
  • We got free cookbooks today
  • We have a concert (in the Park - free!) today
  • My brother let me use his library card to actually get online for a change... 
Which brings me to the (few) downers of the day:
  1. I owe around $70.00 on my library card
  2. I have to fold laundry when I get home
  3. My friend who is fostering my cat already needs to know when I'm getting him (even though she said she could do it for a month or two) when it's been about 2 weeks
  4. Time flies too fast and nothing is accomplished at "home"
  5. I've been sick all week and have nothing to blame except the heat\
  6. I feel like I haven't slept in weeks even though I have
I could go on, but I'm trying not to bring everyone down with me. On the upside, I've been doing my "Power Journal" daily even though I'm not seeing anything come out of it yet. I really just want a nap at this rate. 

I hope all my lovely readers have an enjoyable weekend and find time to take a nice, long nap to prepare for the kiddies going back to school!

I love you all!